Siloed Identities and the Problem They Face for IT Audit and Security
Title: Identity Audting and the Problem of Siloed Resources
Event #: IN2
Room #: Mediterranean 4-8
Date/Time: Monday, 08-22, 9:50 AM
Speakers: Garret Grajek, CEO YouAttest; Robert Emrcih, CEO, RiskCop Advisory
Most enterprises have a central identity system. That is a directory system that provides access control logic, throughout the enterprise. Unfortunately, there are thousands of resources that are not connected to this store. These “siloed resources” do not lend themselves to a simple, centralized audit. This Preso will address; – What are “siloed resources”? – What role do they play in IT and IT Audit? – What is the “best practice” to audit these?
In this session, participants will learn:
• What Siloed Resources are?
• How they affect the identity audit?
• How that Siloed Resources leave the identity audit incomplete
• The security risk for orphaned accounts and accounts that are not in synch with the grouping and roles of the enterprise store.
• The audience will hear use cases of where orphaned accounts in siloed resources have been used by hackers to inflict damage on the enterprise.
We look forward to your attendance!