An identity, governance, and administration (IGA) program is critical to managing risks associated with user access to information and systems. IGA provides a structure for implementing processes and controls that help ensure only authorized users have access to the information and systems they need to perform their job duties and that access is appropriate for the level of authority held by the user.
The Importance of an IGA Program
By establishing an IGA program, organizations can improve security and compliance while also reducing operational costs associated with managing user access. There are many benefits to implementing an IGA program, including:
- Improved security: By restricting access to only those users who need it and by providing the appropriate level of access for each user, you can reduce the risk of unauthorized access to critical data and systems.
- Improved compliance: An IGA program can help you meet regulatory requirements related to user access, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
- Reduced operational costs: By automating the provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts, you can reduce the time and resources needed to manage user access.
- Improved efficiency: An IGA program can streamline the process of granting users access to the information and systems they need while also ensuring that access is revoked when no longer needed.
An IGA program should be tailored to your organization’s specific needs and should be designed to meet your business goals and objectives. When implemented correctly, an IGA program can provide significant benefits to your organization that will help improve security, compliance, and efficiency.
Getting Started on your IGA program
A recent report from the Ponemon Institute highlighted shocking statistics – only 16% of enterprises have a mature IAM practice. This means that most enterprises have some way of granting access but no defined method of governance. YouAttest is specially designed to help organizations with this problem. We regularly talk with groups that have anywhere from 100 to 700,000 users, yet none of them have a quantified, repeatable manner to recertify their granted IT privileges. This is alarming but does not mean that the sky is falling. What has merit is a solution, and that is what YouAttest put together with cyber and compliance specialists. We gathered specialists from the field to help get you started in your identity access review process – e.g., IGA – the missing piece of your IAM program.
Together we will:
- Identify your identity topography
- Survey the user, groups, and applications with a YouAttest access review
- Provide deliverables
This is as we discussed in our July webinar with Cyber Expert Paul Horn, H2Cyber and Compliance expert Paul Feather – YouAttest is combining w/ experts in the security and compliance field to get enterprises started on their IGA program. . Let’s take the first step in getting you to be part of the 14% of companies with a mature IAM program with a functional identity governance program. We look forward to working with you!
YouAttest is an automated identity audit tool for your identity and access controls. Cloud-based and simple to use – YouAttest provides a unified risk platform for your identity audits with the quickest time-to-value and no implementation cost. Contact us and we will start your identity auditing journey.